12 June 2007

well shoot

Long time no write. When I was little, I used to beg and plead for journals and diaries, to keep all my weighty young thoughts in. I would start them full of grand intentions, and after a month, a week, a few days, there they would sit, never to be opened again. I still find myself buying blank books and journals (and stationary for all of those letters I never write).

So, it's the same with the blog. I had those grand intentions again - I would write at least once a week... and two weeks go by, and three weeks. Well there you have it. But I wanted to write tonight because I'm FRUSTRATED and when I tell my man about knitting frustrations I can see his eyes glazing over.

I've been working on the simple knitted bodice (in orange, natch) and I'm loving it. I didn't make the neckline so deep, and I knit a bit before I did the lace, which I really like. I even bound off the bottom, but then ripped it back to make it longer. So now I want to start on the sleeves, and I CAN'T FIND THE LAST SKEIN OF YARN. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I know I plopped it in the bag last week because I was coming to the end of one ball. Then I switched project bags, and now it's not in either bag. I was going to wind it into a ball while listening to Cast On, just a lovely little evening. So now I'm writing instead of winding or knitting, which is unfortunately not nearly as satisfying...

No comments: